Nothing we do at UES is more important than assuring the Health & Safety of our personnel and the protection of environmental resources. It is management’s priority to provide the necessary equipment, procedures, and training required for personal health and safety.
All employees/subcontractors, regardless of rank or position are empowered and expected to stop work when danger is imminent. UES aspires to continuously set the example in H&S performance by leading from the front.
— Gary Raia, Corporate Safety Officer
UES' Safety Committee Goals
- Continuously strive for an injury-free workplace
- Personal Safety & Health of every employee
- Prevention of occupational injuries/illness over quality & productivity
- Create a safety culture that all levels of the organization can participate in and support
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility through material recycling programs, handling and disposal of construction fluids and aerosols, and vehicle maintenance to reduce harmful emissions
- OSHA 10
- OSHA 30
- OSHA 500