Building Sciences & Safety
Occupational Health & Safety
Occupational health and safety training saves lives. Since OSHA's founding in 1971, daily employee deaths in the U.S. have decreased drastically from 38 to 15, according to the Department of Labor. Our OSHA compliant safety training services operate with a single purpose—to continue minimizing this number and help employees return home safely.
In addition to our safety training services, we safeguard the health of people at home, in the workplace, and in the community. Our in-house health experts deliver cost-effective consulting services based on OSHA standards to minimize your exposure to chemical, biological, and physical health hazards. We approach each project as an opportunity to inform, educate, and improve communities.
- Asbestos and Lead-Based Paint Services
- Comprehensive Industrial Hygiene Services
- Indoor Air Quality Assessments
- Mold Testing and Remediation Design
- HVAC Inspection and Design Review
- Water Intrusion Investigations
- Radon Testing Services
- OSHA Compliance and Safety Services
- OSHA Compliance Audits, Gap Assessments, Program Support, and Monitoring
- Training Services
- Infectious Disease and COVID-19 Services
UES believes that every person has the right to live and work in a safe, comfortable, and healthy environment. To support this, UES secures the building envelope—the boundary between the exterior and interior of a building. This prevents moisture intrusion and heat or air loss that can compromise your building, as well as the health of its occupants.
By ensuring that the roof, exterior walls, windows, doors, and foundation of your building are at optimal performance, our experts also mitigate legal issues, maintenance costs, and the devaluation of a capital investment. We can support you during all stages of a facility life cycle, including design, construction, and renovation, as well as operations and maintenance. Our goal is to identify and mitigate issues before they affect you.
- Building Envelope Design Review
- Shop Drawing/Submittal Review
- Building Envelope Consulting
- Roof Consulting
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance Building Envelope Inspections
- Air Barrier Testing
- Window Testing
- Non-Destructive Investigation
- Accessibility Compliance
- Property Condition Assessments
For a full listing of services, please view our Statement of Qualifications.
- Board Certified Industrial Hygienists
- Certified Safety Professionals
- Licensed Mold Assessors
- Licensed Asbestos Consultants
- USEPA and CDPH Lead-Based Paint Risk Inspectors and Assessors
- Certified Environmental Managers
- Licensed Radon Measurement Specialists
- Council-Certified Indoor Environmental Consultants
- Council-Certified Microbial Consultants
- AHERA Certified Building Inspectors, Management Planner, Project Designer, Supervisor, and Contractors